|AGM Meeting Minutes Wed 11 Jan 2012 6pm SASH|
Magrath and District Chamber of Commerce Society
2) Financial report - Treasurer Richard Spencer. Richard reported current balance in accounts as 6085.54 with just over 2000.00 allocated as donation to new Magrath Trail System. Moved that report be accepted by Duane Thomson. Approved
3)Membership report - Secretary Roger Davies to send out reminder invoices. Current membership is 37. 2011 members must renew by 31 Jan to remain in good standing. Moved that the report be accepted. Approved
4) Tradeshow report - Board member Ross Moore reported on plans for 2nd Annual Magrath Chamber Spring Tradeshow. Last year had 66 participants with 44 of those from local Magrath area. He will prepare mail out to Chamber members first and then to those outside local area. Bookings should be complete by end of April. Date of event confirmed at Fri evening May 4 6-9pm and Sat May 5 10am-4pm. Plans to put in more table spaces. Will retain stage area and have time for business presentations in addition to entertainments. Moved that report be accepted with thanks to Ross and his committee. Approved.
5) Silent Auction report - Duane Thomson noted that the Chamber silent auction held in support of Trail System had over 50 items and about $2000 was raised. Bruce Jackson moved report be accepted. Approved.
6) Citizen/Youth/Business of the Year Awards discussed. Secretary Roger Davies to prepare letters to winners and a short press release for the paper. Treasurer Richard Spencer to arrange for purchase of 3 plaques to be presented at the Gala Awards Dinner. Motion to proceed with these items. Approved.
7) Chamber Gala Award Dinner report - plans are proceeding for the Gala on Sat 28 Jan 2012. Committee is organized and plans proceeding with Shannon Sabey, Duane Thomson, Kristi Parker and Bruce Jackson heading the committee. Attendees will be encouraged to dress up for the theme of the night. Posters and advertisements are being prepared. Magrath Recreation Board will be invited to sell ‘bricks’ for the Trail System. Motion to proceed with plans as discussed with thanks to committee members. Approved.
8) Other business - Discussed chamber member concerns regarding new Town of Magrath Garbage/Water rates for business vs residential. Defer discussion to a future meeting.
9) General Elections 2012 - Current executive reported they stand ready to serve as needed. No new names presented for consideration from the group. Jay Mackenzie asked to serve as President for 2012. Approved. Duane Thomson asked to serve as Vice President. Approved. Roger Davies asked to continue on as Chamber Secretary. Approved. Noted that position of Treasurer was not up for election this year. Richard Spencer will continue on. Discussed Chamber Board member assignments. The resulting Executive for 2012 proposed as:
President - Jay Mackenzie
Vice President - Duane Thomson
Secretary - Roger Davies
Treasurer - Richard Spencer
Board Members - Arlen Bennett, Allan Quinton, Shannon Sabey, Bruce Jackson, Ross Moore, Wayne Hazelden
10) Next Meeting will be Wed morning 7:25am on 15 Feb 2012 at Roosters.
Minutes by Roger Davies
Please plan to attend our General Meeting on Wed 11 Jan 2012 6pm at the SASH meeting room.
Note: prev announced on this website for Tue 10 Jan .. but now changed to Wed 11 Jan .. See the notice on the big sign in front of Town Hall. Thanks!
The 2012 Annual Chamber General Meeting will be held Wednesday 11 January 18:00 (6pm) at SASH, and
Also : Results of our 2011 Magrath Chamber Citizen, Youth, and Business of the Year Nominations and Vote are now in!
Watch this website for details on how to obtain Gala tickets and pricing.