|Minutes Tue 13 Mar 2012 7:25am Roosters|
2) Minutes of last meeting read and approved.
3) Discussed: Status of Trail System. Wayne of Covered Wagon noted many of his clientele use the trail system extensively.
4) Discussed: Plans for upcoming Spring Trade Show. Ross of Canadian Security Systems reported that plans are proceeding. Monies collected so far given to Roger of Soft Serve Direct to give to Treasurer Richard of Spencer Plumbing.
4-a) Discussed: Staffing needs. Jay will organize staffing for Chamber table. Need volunteer(s) to help manage classroom area and performance stage. Also will need to find help to run sound equipment as Wes will not be available. Ross will seek other qualified personel.
4-b) Discussed: Need for tables.
Motion: Propose we purchase our own tables for use at this and future events. Authorized up to $1000 for table purchases by Ross. Approved.
4-c) Discussed: Promotional items. Arlen reported via Roger cost for Magrath Chamber fridge magnets quote under .50 each. It was noted that that with larger volume we get much better costs.
Motion: Propose the Chamber authorize purchases of promotional magnets up to $500 for distribution to public and to chamber members at this and future events. Approved.
4-d) Discussed: Plans for setup. Roger has received permission to use same stage as last year and will organize set up and take down the week before and week after the event per proposed layout.
4-e) Discussed: Concessions placement and Health Board requirements. Noted each Trade Show merchant own responsibility to meet any Health Board requirements. Ross will check with town as to when the building may be available for setup.
4-f) Discussed: Prizes for Trade Show. It was felt that more prizes were better than just one larger prize.
Motion: Proposed that we prepare three (3) x $100 gift certificates for redemption at any Chamber Member business (we reimburse member up to the value of the certificate used). Approved.
5) Membership 2012. Roger reported that his list needs to be updated by Chamber Treasurer. He will provide list for update with collected monies.
6) Discussed: Trail System signage. About $5000 has been raised so far for this purpose. We should make our input as to design and location conditional on provision of funds to town. Approved.
7) Discussed: Next Meeting. Some have noted that they are unable to attend a morning meeting due to work schedules (in Lethbridge). We should alternate between morning and evening events so that more members can attend.
Motion: Next meeting will be held 8pm Thu 12 Apr 2012 at Keyline. Approved.
8) Adjournment: 8:30am