Minutes Lion Meeting 12 May 2011
Meeting called to order at 7:15 pm
Attending: Lions Roger/Shauna Davies, Devar Dahl, Tracie Smith, Hazel Dudley. Unable to attend due to other meetings: Lions Tom/Sharron Spackman, Leslie Dahl, Deanna Bingley, Elizabeth Olsen, Lawrence Papworth. Lion Roger noted our regularly scheduled meeting should have been held last week, but was deferred and resulted in some not being able to attend.
- * Lion Roger read the minutes from the last meeting.
- - Roger to update the meeting times 1st Thursday of the month (town website and Westwind News)
- - Shauna to write thank you notes to 3 people for helping with Casino.
- - Food drive results: collected total of 5,060 lbs valued at $10,120 this year. Congratulations to all.
- - Lion Devar moved to have minutes accepted as read. Lion Tracie seconded. Approved
- * Next meeting to be held at Lion Devar/Lesley Dahl home. 1st Thu in Jun 2011.
- * Elections for new presidency etc. done using ballot forms prepared by Lion Roger. Members not able to attend will be given ballot forms to complete within the next week. Will report results at next meeting.
- * Finances:
- - LCI bill 199.44 for new member dues. Approved
- - Food Drive 50.40 due to Keyline for flyers and 65.21 for bags and postage (paid to Magrath Pharmacy reimb Roger). Approved
- - Request for funding $100 for town of Magrath bike rodeo. Devar moved to donate Tracie seconded. All in favor. Approved
- * Annual license paper work and financial statements need to be reviewed and submitted. Lion Roger has
prepared financial statements for years ending Jun 2009 and Jun 2010. Lion Devar will review, sign and forward to Lion Tom for review and signature. After approvals, a copy must be submitted to Alberta Registries by mail.
- * Casino paperwork (AGLC) Lion Tom has asked Town (Wade Alston) to get a letter of support to fax to AGLC so they will permit use of Casino funding for playground(s) at Lions Park and proposed Jubilee (fish pond) play area. They currently have a limit of $5000 per project unless we apply for "Community Facility Programs". Lion Roger will follow up.
- * Discussed need for Lions Pancake Breakfast fund raiser in July. Although it would be nice to continue the tradition, it was felt that we received little recognition for the event (no new members) and cost in donated time and money not justified. Lion Roger moved we NOT hold the breakfast in July this year. Vote was 4 in favor with 1 opposed (Lion Hazel).
- * Discussed Town Parade entry. Yes to float but no candy. Ask Lion Tom re use of his vehicle again this year. Theme should focus on current lion projects (new playground, birthday calendar, or food drive results). Lion Tracie suggested she may be able to Miss Lethbridge to ride along. To be discussed a later meeting.
- * Lion Roger reported that Birthday Calendar drive this year will run from June - August 2011. Discussed a contest to find photo for calendar. Noted we could also use volunteers to phone for ads, sell calendars, and to help assemble them at the end of August. Lion Tracie will help assemble.
- * Lion Tracie reported acquiring 1 pair of glasses for the Lions glasses box. The box is currently stored at the back of Magrath Pharmacy. It needs to be refurbished and placed in a more public area. Ideas?
- * For later meetings: Youth Lions programs at school
- * LIon Roger/Shauna reported attending information presentation on Family to Family Humanitarian Expeditions see their website at www.ffhe.org .. consideration for future donation or group trip suggested.
- * 8:30pm Lion Tracie moved to adjourn. Devar second the motion.
Minutes by Lion Shauna Davies with updates by Lion Roger.
- * Long time Magrath Lions Club member Ken Balderson has passed away after a short time in the hospital at age 93. Funeral is Friday 6 May at 11am at Brown LDS Stake Center.
- * Casino workers: Thanks for all your hard work! RD to report current status of paperwork. Need letter from Town and more signatures.
- * Lions Calendar Fundraiser: project planned for Jun-Sep 2011
- * Magrath Days: Pancake Breakfast, Parade Float planning Jul 2011
- * Pending items: Youth Lions Club at School, Eyeglass Collections
- * 2011 Elections: Remember - we will be voting in next year's President, Secretary, Treasurer 2011/12 at this meeting. Bring a sharp mind and/or a pencil.
|< Prev||Next >|