Minutes Lion Meeting 2 Jun 2011
Meeting called to order at 6:30 pm at home of Devar/Leslie Dahl
Attending: Lions Roger/Shauna Davies, Devar/Leslie Dahl, Tracie Smith, Deanna Bingley. Unable to attend due to other meetings: Lions Tom/Sharron Spackman, Elizabeth Olsen, Hazel Dudley, Lawrence Papworth.
- * Lion Roger read the minutes from the last meeting.
- - Roger to update the meeting times 1st Thursday of the month (town website and Westwind News)
- - Shauna to write thank you notes to 3 people for helping with Casino.
- - Food drive results: collected total of 5,060 lbs valued at $10,120 this year. Congratulations to all.
- - Lion Devar moved to have minutes accepted as read. Lion Tracie seconded. Approved
- * Next meeting to be held 1st Thu in Sep 2011.
- * Elections for new presidency etc. done using ballot forms prepared by Lion Roger. Still waiting some ballots. Will report results on website.
- * Discussed fundraising ideas: Miss Magrath Carnival
- * Discussed project ideas: Used eyeglass collection box startup again for Sep 2011, Clothing Exchange at end of Aug 2011
- * Finances:
- cheques approved last meeting still yet to be written
- * In process: Annual license paper work and financial statements to be reviewed and submitted. Lion Roger has
prepared financial statements for years ending Jun 2009 and Jun 2010. Lion Devar has reviewed and signed. Need to forward to Lion Tom for review and signature. After approvals, a copy must be submitted to Alberta Registries by mail (or ?).
- * In process: Casino paperwork (AGLC) Town letter of support has been recieved. Lion Roger to resubmit request to AGLC.
- * Pending: Town Parade entry. Yes to float but no candy, Birthday Calendar drive this year to run from June - August 2011, Youth Lions programs at school
- * 7:15pm Lion Tracie moved to adjourn. Devar second the motion.
Minutes by Lion Roger.
- * Lions Calendar Fundraiser: project planned for Jun-Sep 2011
- * Pending items: Youth Lions Club at School, Eyeglass Collections
|< Prev||Next >|